Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lunch with the Rankins

Hey everyone,

We have been having some trouble with our posts, but I think we have it ironed out now. We are still doing language full time and it is really taking all that we have. We have been doing well learning our material as well as using it and practicing it in the stores. Storeowners smile every time we come in because they are starting to get to know us. It also helps that I am about 6 inches to a foot taller than everyone else in the town and still the only man with blond hair that I have seen.

We were trying to post about a one day ski trip we took with our Strategic Coordinator that has many funny stories that come with it, but I will make sure I post that next. But now I just wanted to let everyone know that Jerry Rankin, the President of the IMB, and his wife, Bobbie, came through the South Europe Field and stopped off in Skopje for a couple of hours to eat lunch. Mandy and I took the bus up on Sunday and ate lunch with him on Monday. Overall, there were 17 of us who were there from the area and it was an encouraging time to spend with them. It is always a delight to hear them talk as well as hear their reports from the other areas of the world. Sometimes you find yourself in a black hole when it comes to what missionaries are doing elsewhere in the world (and we have only been here a month). Now that we have our posts working, we will make sure to post more regularly.

Please continue to pray for us with language. We have reached somewhat of a saturation point and we need to be able to press on.

Thanks for your support and emails

3 comments:

Ciocia Frania said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ciocia Frania said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ciocia Frania said...

Okay. Now the other morning Munchie got me up bright and early. So I let her out of the house. She sat on the stairs on the front porch overlooking the river and says "meow". And she says it over and over again. So I says "Munchie what's wrong". So she says "meow", and I says "Ooooooooh, over there". She was looking out east over the river, near the apartments over there by where the sun comes up, by the factory where I used to get paid a nickle an hour before the war (and got a Christmas ham every year) toward east over by Market Street past the mountain by Auntie Lucy's house by the ocean by Europe over there where Gramma and your Aunty Joanne, you know Craigypooh's momma, took a vacation one time over there a long time ago. And I says "Oooooooh, you're saying hi to Brian and Mandy". So I says "Good idea Munchie, its afternoon over there, they are awake and can probably hear us". Then I said "Mmmmmmmah, this is a big smooch from your Ciocia Frania all the way from Wallington. I was wondering Brian, are things the good old way over there, you know the way things used used to be over here when things were the good old fashioned way? Not like today when things are not good anymore, blah - just like the river over here. The river stinks at low tide you know. Your Grandpa Andy used to fish on the river, but not anymore. Nobody fishes on the river, even them over there, they even know better than that. In the good old fashioned days I used to catch crabs in the river and run them home and cook them in a pot. Not anymore. No more crabs, plus I can't run no more. Some days I can't even walk. Hey, Glenniepooh stopped by with William the other day, and I scared little William. He hung onto his dadda just like Marky used to hang onto his momma. That was before you were born you know. So anyhow, I hope the people are nice - and you tell them that if they are not nice then your Ciocia Frania is going to go over there and spank their doopahas. Toodaloo for now. Give Mandy a smooch for me."
XOXO Ciocia Frania