
Is it possible to have too much fun??? If it is, I think we were there this past week at AGM (annual general meeting). The meeting was in Mikowajki, Poland, which is absolutely beautiful. We spent the week with about 400 other m's from around the Central Eastern Europe region. It was great. We had a time of worship and preaching every morning and then trainings in the afternoon. The worship times were wonderful. We knew we needed them, but we didn't have any idea how much until we got there.
Brian really enjoyed himself. He is half Polish and I am convinced we saw his distant cousins all over the place. The Poles really did resemble his family. He loved the food: kielbasa and perogies for lunch and dinner every day. He couldn't have been happier. He was even able to beat up on some guys on the basketball court.
We also had a blast reuniting with friends from MLC. It was so good to hear that they are struggling with some of the same things we are. We were able to encourage one another and spur one another on. We spent a lot of time laughing together and praying together. We were certainly renewed and refreshed, and we came back home with a deeper love and passion for our Lord first and then for the people of Macedonia.
1 comment:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, you went to Poland - howwwwww nice! The Old Country is a very beautiful country – all the houses are nice, the people are nice, the food is nice, and the air is clean. You breathe in air over there and it makes you feel so good, except for after Chernobyl, but we don’t talk about that anymore. And that food over there is so good. All food is made right on the farm you know with no artificial this or artificial that. They all milk their own cows and make their own bread right from the grain they grow in their own fields. It’s soooooo beautiful, I hope you saw those people over there doing those things. I know it’s that way over there because that is the way those people do those things. Things haven’t changed there in a hundred years so they still do things the right way, not like over here where people do things all wrong. Except in the old days, when everthing was done right. Tell me Brian, did you speak Polish to them? Maybe you can come back over and talk to the people downstairs in Grammas apartment. I will tell them that next time you are over here, and you can talk to them in Polish. Oh by the way, please send me some pictures because I would like to see because I have never been there to Poland - I feel like I’ve lived there, but have never been there to see that. You know how those things are.
Toodaloo for now.
-Ciocia Frania
Post a Comment