Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kafich Update 2

Things are progressing with the kafich, but as we close in on legalities, we lost a little ground ... literally. The place that we had sized up and researched for our kafich was just rented out. Today I went by to look at the place with Mandy and low and behold there were computers set up in our spot? We had talked to the owner of the shop and told him that we were looking at an opening date of April 1st. It was a good conversation that ended with "we are interested and we will get back in touch." However, I guess when someone walks in and says "I'll take it" previous open ended conversations go out the door. I can't blame the man for doing so, so it looks like we will be trying to find a new place. Fortunately we have 2 more that we were considering, but we will wait for the legal side to straighten out.
As for the legal side, we are still praying and debating the best way to approach the kafich. Will it be a business or a not-for-profit? At the moment it looks like we (The supporting church in Skopje, Kyle, Mandy, and myself) are going to try the not-for-profit route for at least and year and see if that works. We are a week or two away from confirming all of this, but it looks like sure bet. Now Mandy and I have to hit the streets again to see if we can choose the next best place!!! Please pray for us as we still continue in this pursuit.

No comments: