Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Leaky Sprinkler

On a search for a baby stroller the only one that was affordable and to our liking was a floor model. Since it was on the floor it had its reasonable share of dust. Naturally one day I took it out on the back porch to clean it off. While cleaning it, I noticed a very strange acoustical occurrence which happened every time I leaned over to clean the front of the stroller. I could hear something in my neighbors yard that sounded like a leaking hose or sprinkler but that is strange considering that sprinkler systems don't yet exist in Macedonia and I didn't see any hose. However, without fail, I would hear it every time I would lean over to clean the front. Anyway, as I was wrapping up I turned around and found the leaking hose 12 inches from my face!



Needless to say I took an opportunity to exercise my camera and got this picture. On this picture, due to the wide angle of the lens, I was about 6 inches from him. Mandy and the neighbors practically ran inside and only Cloud was there for support. This snake was about a 2.5 feet long.



And to bestow the appropriate honor to my side-kick, Cloud, here he was watching my back...but at the same time chillin'. He is striking a pose here and saying "Was' up" to all of you who read our blog




P.S. I have about 5 posts that I need to make, but for about 2 months I have been having nonstop problems with Windows. One day, I got 8 blue screens of death in 12 minutes (Mandy will testify). Every time I do anything but open Firefox it crashes. (It already crashed once will writing this post). I don't know the solution to the problem other than to set aside a lot of time to do my work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I bet it will be a long time before you're on that porch without looking around first. Love you!
Elley

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Ron can now rest easier, "Kraus" is still a resident with you! He's been worried since there had been no mention of "Kraus"!!! Love to you both & continued North Carolina prayers for you and the baby. Nina