Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting Settled

We are finally back in Ohrid and it feels wonderful to be home.  We found a great house back in a wonderful little neighborhood.  We even have a semi-yard. Granted there is no grass, but the little plot of cement is our plot of cement, and we are excited about it. It is the closest thing to a yard we have had with kids in Macedonia. They are enjoying riding their bikes around our 4 foot by 5 foot yard, and I am happy because there is a nice fancy gate that separates them from the road.  Kate and Thomas have already made a few friends, and I am so happy to be in a neighborhood with lots of little kids. God is so good to answer our prayers. He knows how to give good gifts to His children, and I am so thankful.

This is our house.

We are still working on getting our place set up. We have two floors of the house, but the bottom floor is still occupied with tourists. So we are basically still living out of suitcases.  In my down-time (aka while I nurse Isaiah cause what other down-time does a mom of three who is moving have), I have been scanning pinterest for some design ideas, not that we can do much to our rented home, but I am so excited to make this place "ours."

While we have been getting set up, the kids have had to occupy themselves a lot...
Isaiah went for a swim in the laundry.

Thomas terrorized his little brother. Notice only one of them is smiling...

Kate read some books to keep Isaiah busy.

Isaiah smiles at me every time I walk by with another box to unpack.  Sweet baby.

And Kate learned to ride her bike without training wheels. Golly, she's getting big!

Thank you to all of you who prayed for a place for us. The One who is faithful provided all that we needed and more.  Pray that we will build good relationships with those around us and that those relationships will bear fruit to the glory of God.  

2 comments:

oma said...

Blessings will "fall" on you as you begin activities and meet your new neighbors. I love your house...it will be decorated before long! It isn't even near Christmas yet, but my favorite name for Jesus is Immanuel, God with us. May you experience him as Immanuel even now.

Jaimie Krycho said...

Wonderful! I praise and thank God with you! I can't believe how big Isaiah is getting, by the way...and Kate's riding her bike without training wheels?! Good for her! I send you all a big hug from afar. <3