Friday, October 17, 2014

Seven

Our girl is now SEVEN! And just like last year, I can't hardly believe another year has passed with this beautiful sweet little thing, and I am so thankful for every single solitary day we have had together!  
We started the day off with birthday pancakes, just like always.

And I fought back tears as I thought about how fast the time has gone by.  Time flies when you are having fun, and it has been seven years of LOTS of fun with our girl.  
This year, she proved herself as the best big sister ever.
She learned and became immensely fluent in a second language.
She learned to ride on roller-blades and a bike with just two wheels.
She lost 6 teeth.
She told me she wanted to be a mommy (and also an artist) when she grows up. 
She fell in love with two princesses from Arendale and practiced singing like them constantly.
She conquered tons of kids' novels this summer.
She began to pray for her friends to know Jesus.
She learned even more scripture and sat and read her Bible all by herself a lot.
She believed on Jesus as her Savior and Lord and became a child of God!!!!!!

This year she chose the hardest cake ever.  I know I did a cake very similar to this last year, and I am not sure what the difference is, but this one had every cake-mishap possible. It was too short for Elsa and Ana's long model-like legs. So I added MORE layers to the bottom.  Then the cake cracked when the Long-Legged Queen and her spunky sister were pushed inside. The frosting wouldn't set, and when it did, it cracked too.  Half of my piping tools were missing (ISAIAH!). I could go on. It was tough, and I almost threw the whole darn thing in the trash and went to buy a cake that didn't have Arendale Princesses stuck inside it. But I stuck it out cause this is what my Kate wanted, and I tried not to compare it to the labor pains I felt 7 years ago... At least seven years ago, there was an epidural     a perfect beautiful little girl that I could keep forever (right?!).... Kate loved the cake and her friends all oh-ed and ah-ed over it. So I guess despite almost losing my religion over a cake, it was worth it.

On Thursday we had a Macedonian style birthday party for both Kate and Thomas, whose birthday is next week. 
We partied like wild thangs with all bagillion of her and Thomas' friends from school. We heard "May she grow big!" and "May her years be many!" from every parent who dropped off their kids. May they, indeed.
The cake ceremony was complete with three renditions of 'Happy Birthday' in two different languages, and one kid even busted out a solo. Awesome!

Our happy little family!
  We are officially partied out. Thomas' cake has been laid to rest and the other will be, wait for it... Frozen.

Kate, I am so very proud to be your mommy. I love you more than you will ever know. I am so thankful that you love Jesus and that you want to follow him.  Keep pressing into Him and He will always care for you. He will guard your heart and mind. He will give you fullness of joy and peace that passes all understanding. He is the lover of your soul. He knows you inside and out and loves every part of you. My prayer for you is that you continue to grow in the knowledge of him and, in turn, more in love with him. I pray that you will abide in him and trust him in all things. He holds your lot. Indeed you have a beautiful inheritance in Christ. He will not abandon you. He will make known to you the path of life. In His presence is fullness of joy; at His right hand are pleasures forever more. May you see it. May you taste it. There is NOTHING better! I love you with all my heart!  
Happy Seventh!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I so enjoy reading about your beautiful family! You sure know how to celebrate your girl in style. The Frozen cake was beautiful and phenomenal. Thank you for sharing about such a special time in your household. Many blessings to you and your family!

Best,
Sarah Withers