Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Two Down and One at Home

This little 'stepped-straight-out-of-a-Tom-Sawyer-book' looking kid is now a kindergartner.
 And on his first day, there were no tears--not even from momma. Although I did have to fight them back at one point. While I will miss my wild man immensely when he is gone, we were all ready for this day to come.  He was so excited Sunday night that he proclaimed, "I'm going to wash all my body parts for school tomorrow." Sure this brought up other questions, but at least we know we sent him off to school clean. Bless us all.


Isaiah just couldn't begin to walk out the door without having his backpack too.

He stepped right out of a catalog. What is that dapper stance about? He's not supposed to be this studly yet. 
My little handsome man.


And this one is off to 2nd grade and couldn't be more excited. She's the "I love school, I love to learn, give me more homework" kid. Teachers may love her (maybe). Her friends may want to smack her for asking for more work.   

When did she get so big and start looking so much like a little lady. My beating heart!

This little fella followed behind his brother and sister wearing his big brother's flip-flops because that is not a battle worth fighting. He was ready to have his first day of school, too. Too bad he will have to wait several more years for that day. 

This picture did not come out like I wanted it to, but still... Those two and their love for each other.  They always look out for one another. I hope it stays like this forever.

This was the moment that got me. When they called the children to pray and my big boy bowed his head and closed his eyes, this momma about lost it because he is so big and because I didn't have to flick his ear to get him be quiet during prayer and because all of the my-baby-is-growing-up feels. 
Walking to his classroom. So brave.

My beauty.


And just like that, the first day was over, and we are almost finished with the second day. We are so thankful for the awesome school that they get to attend here. It is so beyond fantastic. And their teachers who volunteered to be here in a foreign country... who raised their own support so they could serve our children... That's pretty heroic in my book. So pray for those precious teachers because well, obviously, teachers need prayer. But teachers living and teaching in a foreign country need ALL. the. prayer!!! We will certainly thank our great God upon every remembrance of them, even over homework folders. 

No comments: