Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fall has just about arrived...

Well, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here lately. The temperature has been hanging around 73-75 every day And let me tell ya, we aren't missing the NC humidity at all. We have been out and about enjoying the weather as much as we can. I have tried several times to study language outside, but I find I get way too distracted by the people and the beauty of the city to focus on the conjugation of all my verbs. So, my during my study breaks, I try to head out for a prayer walk and then a quick seat on a bench to enjoy God's creation. Isn't it just awesome that the Lord allows us to enjoy the beauty that He created for His glory. I am reminded with every look at the mountains and then out at the lake that God is more than sufficient for all my needs. He is the creator and sustainor of life, and He is more than faithful. He offers us more than we could ever even comprehend, and my cup overflows!!! My new favorite scripture is Psalm 18:35. It says "Your right hand sustains me, you stoop down to make me great." WHOO!!! He, the God of all gods, the LORD of all lords and King of all kings, the one Who created me, formed me in my mother's womb, and from Whom I cannot hide no matter where I go (Ps. 139) bends down to make me significant. WHOOHOO!!! Abundant, joy-filled life is what He offers. I know full well that some of you think I am crazy for getting excited about something so "illogical." My prayer is that one day you will know this Love and Truth through the blood of Jesus, and that is my prayer for the people of Ohrid, Macedonia as well. Pray that they will be open to the Truth. Pray that they will turn their hearts from "religion" and traditions to a relationship with the Savior. Pray that they will be broken over their sin. Pray that we will see fruit from our labor.

We Love You guys, and we pray that you are living abundant-joy-filled lives, that you are abiding with the Lord and that you are bearing much fruit.

No comments: