Well, we were planning on coming up to Skopje today for our last check-up and from here on out wait for Kate. Here arrival date was supposed be Oct. 22nd and we figured a week would be more than enough time to come up in advance. Well yesterday Mandy was starting to have consistent contractions so we thought it would be wise to come up just in case we needed to get to the hospital quickly (in Ohrid, we were 2 to 2.5 hours from the hospital). About half way to Skopje we thought it would be best if we dropped Cloud off by the Kirkpatricks and headed to the hospital to see if everything was okay. After we got to the hospital at about 9:00pm, they hooked Mandy up to a fetal monitor which showed that she was having real contractions. Then they told us it would be about 4-5 hours before she would be born. Well, at 1:25am on October 15th, Kate Joy Davis was born at 3360g (7 pounds 7 ounces) and 50cm (19.7 in). It all happened so fast and the doctor said it was textbook example pregnancy. Here are some pictures of her below.

And for everyone who has been trying to get in touch with us through email. Since Wednesday of last week we have not had internet due to changing our plan as well as Orthodox holidays. When we return from Skopje everything should be back to normal.
26 comments:
What a cutie! Congratulations! Y'all get some rest and we want to see pictures when she eats her first "lobster".
She is sooo pretty!!
Great job you guys!!!
Ashley
She's beautiful! I can't wait to see her! Congratulations!
Sooooo cute!
Congratulations! :)
Gorgeous! Mandy, in one she looks just like you and in the other she looks just like Brian! I can't wait to hold her. I hope it's soon!! I love you!!
CONGRATS on such a BEAUTIFUL baby girl and we are so pleased that the birth went so well. Emma Kate was praying for you last night and specifically prayed for a smooth and healthy delivery!! She is ewwwing and ahhhhhing over the pictures now!
Let us know what you all need!
CONGRATULATIONS, MOM AND DAD!!!
She is certainly beautiful. Glad everything was so textbook with the delivery.
Tina Burden
CONGRATULATIONS to the brand new parents!
HOORAY!!!! Congrats!!!!
Look at that beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful baby, hooooooow nice. And Brian, you named here Baby Kate, just like your momma. I still think of your momma as baby Kate you know. I remember when Yule-cha first brought her home. I used to take for walks every day, and boy she really loved her Ciocia Frania, and does so even up to this very day. Brian, I would like to be close to your Kate too, so I will send you a picture of me from days when I was not as old as I am now. Then I want you to hold up that picture as you sing Polish lullabies to her. I will send you the words to those lullabies too. So although you are a whole universe away over there – she will know that her Ciocia Frania misses her and loves her VERY much. Just like I love you, and Mandy and Craigy-pooh and Munchie. But not Marky, cause he doesn’t call or stop by anymore, although I still love him too.
So any-who, I was going to the store to get you a baby gift, and my car broke down. That telephone pole was never there before, and I did not make it to the store. Then I went to the senior center and I says to Walburga at the senior center “yoohoo, can you make one of those for Baby Kate.” And she says “okay”. So you have one of those on the way whenever it is done. Hopefully not too long, but Walburga works slow because she doesn’t feel as good as she used to anymore.
Smootchie, Smootchie to everyone and an extra smootch to Mandy and Baby Katie. Toodaloo for now! XOXO
– Ciocia Frania
Blessing to the three of you.
She is beautiful
Clinton and Joyce Laws
Harvester MO
Congrats! She's so cute!
YAY FOR KATE JOY DAVIS!!!! I'm so glad everything went so smoothly for you guys. She is absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear you guys are doing well! Talk to you soon!!!!
OOOps...guess it helps if i put my name on it...ha ha ...love you!
Katie face (for comment above)
Wow! Mandy, sounds like you were born to be the perfect mother! And we know Brian is the perfect doting daddy! So glad you dropped "Claus" off before the delivery! I've had you on my mind and heart since Sunday. I keep asking Ron if he thinks the baby is here yet!! So, know you have been prayed over for days. Now I know why!! Gorgeous, precious family!!! Love to the 3 of you, Nina & Ron.
What a sweet looking little girl! Congratulations! Mandy, you look great! Nathan and I are expecting in about 5 weeks! We can't wait! I'm sure you all are soo excited to finally be holding Kate in your arms! God Bless! Kari and Nathan Shank
She's beautiful you guys!! And, Mandy, you were the single cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen!! I miss you guys enormously.
Much love and many prayers,
AJ
God is good, isn't He? You all look great, and little Kate is precious & beautiful! We wouldn't know about the pink, however, since we are such a blue family!! :)
Love you all! Congrats!
The Potts
She is beautiful! And a beautiful name! Congratulations :)
Sarah B
Hello Mandy & Brian. This is Jennifer Shue, but I am a Teeter now. I got married July 7 of this year. Your little girl is so cute. Mandy, I know that you will be a great mom; and Brian you will be a great dad. I am so happy for you both. Mandy, if you would like to e-mail by address is jlshue@gmail.com.
Love ya,
Jennifer
Brian and Mandy
What an adorable and precious baby. God truly answered prayers on a good safe delivery.
Mandy I think she favors both of you. I know Amanda wants to see her in person so badddddd. You will make good parents and we contuine to pray for all 3 of you.
We love u!!!!!
Barbara & Raymond ( Mamaw & Papa
BRIAN AND MANDY,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. I AM GLAD ALL WENT WELL. BRIANNA WAS OOOHHING AND AAAHHING OVER THE PICTURES YESTERDAY. WE MISS YOU GUYS. LOVE YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS!!
JEFF, MARGARET AND BRIANNA PAGE
Congrat's she is beautiful. Glad everyone is doing well. WE are praying for you
We are so happy for you guys. The pics look great!
Brian - she will melt your heart every day!
-Derek, Dana and Hannah
Congratulations Brian and Mandy. You are certainly blessed, and with a little pretty blessing at that! All of us at Troxler are proud of you both.
Billy
We're so happy for you! Congratualtions and enjoy parenthood!
Love,
Patrick, Angela, & Tara
Post a Comment