I was intending to write a post last week, but never got around to it, but I wanted everyone to know about the great two weeks we have had at the coffeehouse.
First of all, I was sitting in the coffeehouse with a few regulars and our neighbor came into greet everyone. Just before he left he looked at the new Christian books we just got in and I used the opportunity to strike up a spiritual conversation. He told me he had some questions about “our religion.” In discussing the difference between the Orthodox and “Protestants”, he said “You guys make Jesus the center and base of your religion, this is something we don’t have by us [the Orthodox]” He correctly quoted several previous gospel presentations we had and said that “you do everything through Him, and we … well, don’t.” After asking him if I could show him one verse I showed him John 14:6 to which he gave a hardy and deep thinking “Hmm.” I then turned to show him John 3:16. After reading John 3:16, he really didn’t say much, but he did say “that other one, John 14:6, better proves your point.” And I reminded him that Jesus said it and these are some of the verses we use to make Jesus the center and base of our faith. He looked at me deep in thought and said, “Well if it is in the Bible, and even Jesus said it, it must be true … hmm. I’ll come back and we can talk about it some more.” So a simple question and lots of prior evangelism allowed Vlatko to realized the Gospel on his own.
Second of all, we were able to have a believer from another town named Marin come and spend time at the coffeehouse. Until New Year, we are only open 3 nights a week and we have developed a pretty good crowd or regulars. All three nights Marin was there for at least 2 hours (2 nights he was there for 3 hours.) While he was there, we ended up having Bible Studies every night and our regulars were able to hear about what the Bible said from someone else besides myself. Not only that, they heard it from someone perfectly fluent in Macedonian :). He also told me that just about everyday he had told at least one shop owner about our coffeehouse and how to be saved and that he hoped some of them would come by. This was all very encouraging for us because it was good to have a Macedonian confirm to our friends what we have been teaching.
Praise God for how He is working in Ohrid and allowing us to participate in His work.
No comments:
Post a Comment