Well, you know how I warned you that days were subject to change. Yesterday was a prime example of that! Brian got up and out the door to go check the status of our visas. While he was gone, I prepared to throw a load of laundry in the washer and while doing so, I realized that we had no water. This happens quite frequently here, and it always is a lesson in learning to be content in any situation (Phil. 4:11). No water means no laundry, no cooking, and the worst of all, no shower. So, the many plans I had for me and Kate outside of the house this Tuesday morning, just couldn't happen, mainly because no one would want to be around me due to the stink. So, I tried to be diligent to get things done around the house, things that didn't involve water, of course. That didn't leave much to do. So Kate and I listened to a cd of a sermon and played with finger puppets. Yea!
Brian was out visiting contacts-having coffee and conversation with some of the people we know. He does this at least once a day. Once the water came on, at 3:30, I hit the shower.
We spent the evening hanging out with people, sharing life.
2 comments:
I'm ashamed to say how much we take for granted here. No water stops almost everything around a house, well at least cleaning or cooking which are the 2 main things! This is great to "peep" into what your lives are like there. We are praying for all of you and look forward to seeing you sometime.
-F
http://macedonianfacts.blogspot.com/
sorry to make it political and spam but people need to know about the other side of the coin.
Post a Comment