This is the whole village from a distance. Beautiful.
The abundance of meat. We had everything from chicken wrapped in bacon, to hamburger meat stuffed with cheese to good ol' fashion sausage.
This is what Kate thinks of the village. Stay tuned to her blog for more pictures of her day at the village.
The men preparing for the BBQ.
These are some OLD shoes, but what they would have worn back in the day.
Just some of the houses we saw on our walk around the village.
We stopped and talked to this lady. She was stoking the fire in her stove to make bread.
She invited us to come back later to have some of the bread, but sadly we never returned that way.
Check out his hat--Charlotte Hornets. We asked him about it, and he had no clue what the Charlotte Hornets were--although who really does nowadays. Ah, Mugsy...
This is the house L grew up in. Cool, uh?!
L and Brian--buddies.
Kate found a feeding trough. I guess she was hungry.
1 comment:
Yoohoo. It’s me. Long time no see. Any-who, this is the first time I am writing since I have been on the other side of sunset. At first when I went to the other side, they sent me to one place. And I saw a lot of familiar faces. But I didn’t stay too long before they sent me some place else. It’s a little hot but that’s okay, I like it here just fine. You get to make your own rules, and that suits me juuuuuust fine.
So Brian I have a bone to pick with your father. I was checking in on 30 Lester Street the other day and I saw that he put in new windows where the air conditioner used to be right in the parlor over there. The air conditioner is gone, and the windows that were part of the house that my father built with his own hands 80-who years ago are now gone too. Even though I haven’t been able to open those windows since Johnny down Anderson Street went to the War in 1944, I liked those windows just the way they were. They were perfical. Then I noticed that he had the house painted too. Paint these days isn’t as good as the old-days paint. They say lead paint is bad for you, but look at me, it never made me sick and I did just fine. Speaking of paint Craigypooh, paint my room the way it used to look when my room was sunny yellow. Even on rainy days when the dark clouds used to roll in from the Bay over there – across the mudflat over Passaic – my house was always sunny on the inside. But not anymore.
So what’s this I hear you’re fixing up 30 Lester Street to sell it. No! Nobody else can live there! I tell you what. Craig lives on one floor. Kevin lives on the other. Maybe they change every once in a while. They always did their separate things together anyhow. Those two were like two peas in a pod, everyone goes this way, and those two go that way. You see… Glenny, he’s the oldest – he likes baseballing. Marky, we never saw him. He was always off into the woods shooting who-knows-what. But we loved him anyhow. Then there was Craig. He was into karate and TV wrestling. Then there’s Brian. He was always building something, he got a fancy degree in something that I don’t know. Then there is Kevin. Gramma really wanted a girl, but she got Kevin. Kevin likes fishing, just like Grandpa Andy. So back to my point. Craigypooh and Kevin will move into 30 Lester. That’s the only way it ought to be. Except when Brian and Mandy and Kate come back from Macaronia, then they live there too. Just like they did in the old days, families stay together. Not dis one over there and dat one over there, and who-knows-what in the middle.
Well that’s it from the other side. Too-da-loo for now.
Ciocia Frania
Post a Comment