Saturday, August 06, 2011

Our God Reigns

I awoke to heart-breaking news that Josiah most likely has stage four lymphoma. Josiah is the seven year old son of our teammates and Ohrid family, Charlie and Jennifer Dover. We were shocked to read the words on the email as we thought his sickness would be diagnosed as no more than an enzyme disorder. Josiah is Kate's very best friend here in Ohrid. He is a full of energy, quick-witted, brilliant, tender-hearted, precious little boy that I love like my own nephew.

The minute I could get away this morning, I ran straight to the living Word of God. As I read through many Psalms, the Lord comforted my heart with words like, "When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." and "He will cover you with his pinions and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and buckler." and "For He will command His angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." But the one that stood out to me the most this morning was this, "The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed. He has put on strength as His belt. Your throne is established from of old; you are from everlasting."

Our God is STILL on His throne. He is STILL robed in majesty. He STILL reigns! While this news is unexpected. God was not surprised by it one minute. For some reason, in His goodness and love He has chosen this for Josiah and his family. I don't understand it all, but I believe the Gospel. I believe that He loved us enough to die for us so that there would be no fear in life or death. Perfect love casts out fear. I will rest in the shadow of His wings.

Pray for healing. Pray that Josiah, Charlie and Jennifer will all rest in our Sovereign Lord.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love and appreciate you, Mandy! So thankful you can be such an encouragement to your friend. Sounds like she has her plate full with not only Josiah, but also her Mom's health......yet we serve a big God and nothing is too hard for Him. Thanks for letting us know about this sweet family and we will keep them in our prayers. Love to you and your family!

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.