Every Thursday night Brian heads out to the coffee house and leads a Bible Discussion. We have about 6 regulars (all guys) who come and discuss different topical things from the Word. It almost always ends with Brian coming home on cloud 9--one step closer to people "getting it." I love that! However, Thursday nights tend to be a night in the week where I feel like I am going to lose my mind, another night in the house alone... well, with the two wee ones, but a lot of nights I feel all alone... no. adult. conversation. I realize this is spiritual warfare. I realize it is ridiculous. Brian is off doing amazing things: sitting with men--men who don't know their savior--with Bibles in their laps, sharing the Truth. That is incredible and I should be home fulfilling my role with joy so that he can fulfill his. And so I resolved, by HIS grace, to fight back, to chose joy, to give my kids the night of their lives.
Brian took the kids out to play in the snow right before he got ready to head out at 5. While he was out I got busy cutting out hearts and then making homemade AMAZING hot chocolate. We saw Brian off and then sat down and enjoyed our "pretty mugs"(as Kate says) of yumminess.
After hot chocolate, we painted hearts, lots of hearts, and while we painted we talked about the love of God. We talked about how much He loves us and how He has shown us His love. It was precious. (Sidenote: I love the faith of a child. I have much to learn from my kids about simple faith.) While I got dinner ready, I sent Kate and Thomas on a scavenger hunt. Thomas got bored and ended up playing with cars, but Kate had a blast running around trying to find all of the things on her list.
After dinner, we cleaned up the dishes and all of the toys and then.... we had a SOCKBALL Fight! It was SO. MUCH. FUN. I had both of the kids get out 5 pairs of socks, we balled them up, divided them up, took our marks and it was on. We laughed and squealed and chased one another and tackled one another and, it was great! Sock ball fights may be more fun than snow ball fights. I can't wait to do it again. After we cooled down from that, we got in to jammies, brushed teeth, read books, read the Bible and prayed. Kate thanked Jesus for dying for her sins for the first time. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment