After all of the heart drama last week, we had a few days at home and then headed back to Skopje for Brian to have a follow-up exam. Since this wasn't an emergency trip, we took our time and enjoyed God's beautiful creation all the way up. It was cloudy and overcast which oddly enough is mine and Brian's favorite kind weather. The leaves were changing, and the colors were magnificent! Bright oranges and yellows with hints of red were scattered throughout the mountain-side. What an amazing artist is our great God.
I love how he uses His creation to remind me of how great He is. So powerful. So mighty. So gracious and kind. So in control. This particular day, as we stopped on the side of the mountain roads to take some pictures and just praise God for His fingertips of grace in our life, I was reminded once again that 'in Him all things hold all together.' He is sovereign over His creation. He is sovereign over us. And He is the good Shepherd patiently leading us through the valleys and mountain tops with cords of kindness and bands of love.
I love this picture--a house, in the middle of nowhere, fully intact offering shelter to those who abide in it. What a beautiful, yet imperfect picture, of hiding in the shelter of my God and King. The days that led up to this return trip, I caught myself in times of fear and anxiety. One night, while folding insane amounts of laundry, I just fell apart over little under-roos, tiny socks, and giant man socks. How incredibly good has my God been to me. He is the giver of all of these good gifts. He is the sustainer of it all. He passed us by, gave us abundant life through Jesus Christ and He hides us in His shelter--the shelter of the Most High God. God calmed my fears every single time one of them crept up on me, and He did it with such grace and kindness. When I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere with no idea of where we were going next, He offered me shelter, a place where I could abide safely and peacefully. Sweet grace.
We arrived in Skopje, enjoyed lunch and coffee with some friends, but Brian started feeling weak and tired so we headed to the place where we would be staying for the next few nights. Brian rested and we waited for his appointment that night. His appointment went well, and the doctor seemed confident that He was fine, but she couldn't explain why he was still in pain and why he was still feeling so weak. She decided to have him wear the holter monitor for 24 hours. We weren't able to get the monitor until two days later. So we decided we would just enjoy the next day together, as a family. It was just what we needed.
We took the kids to the zoo, and had a good time chatting it up with some monkeys. I love monkeys!!!
We had such a good time together. AND while we were in Skopje, we were each able to share the full story of God's love with several people. He works all things for His glory and renown!!!
The next day, Brian got hooked-up to the monitor and got to rock it with style for the next 24 hours. We finally heard from the doctor last night and she confirmed that from all of the tests she had run, his heart looked healthy and strong. He does have the myocardial bridge, but it seems to, in fact, be benign and is not causing any stress on his heart. Praise the Lord!!! She had put him on some medicine (an ACE inhibitor) that seems to be helping him with the pain and in general, feel better. It has been so good to see him back in the swing of things over the last couple of days. He is back to his old self with tons of energy, and while his old self wears me out most days, I am so thankful to, once again, be running behind him at full speed. He has hopes to see half the town for coffee today, among other things. I told him, he needed to schedule some rest time, just in case he isn't feeling good. "We'll see," he says. Bless my heart!!! ;0)
Thank you all so much for how you have prayed for us. We have literally felt your prayers as the peace of God has ruled in our hearts and minds. Please continue to pray that this medicine will continue to be effective. We will see a cardiologist once we are back in the states after the new year. Pray that he will confirm all of the good news we have received over the last few days. Praise God for His hand on Brian's life. To Him be the glory!!!!
1 comment:
Dear Mandy & Brian - I knew something was going on with you guys, but wasn't sure what. Life is way too hectic. Today, I slowed down enough to catch up, and so thankful that things do not seem to be one of a critical health crisis for Brian, but manageable. Mandy, you know I can relate to the "thought" of your husband having health scares -- and at the same time you look around and you have small children. It is not a fun place to be.....but God holds all the pieces in His hands. Those little scares.....no, those BIG scares are no fun, but they are in essence faith-building stones. Those experiences have a God-given purpose for our lives, and they remind us that He has all things under His control. We learn, step by step, to trust Him just a little bit more each day. I love you guys and I am so thankful things are looking up for you. It is a cloudy, rainy day here too.....and the leaves are falling -- past peak now. I love days like this too. It just seems that days like this make me slow down to reflect on Him on a different, more intimate way. It's just kinda neat! :)
Love you and praying for you! Your family is special and I'm so thankful for your lives!
Post a Comment