Saturday, June 01, 2013

The Great American Fire-pit

One of my most favorite things to do is to sit around the campfire, eat yummy campfire food, and watch the sparks fly into the night sky. We got to introduce the kids to the wonders of the fire-pit last week while Brian's family from NJ was in town as we celebrated the freedoms we have in America and those who fought to secure those freedoms for us. 
Kate and Thomas loved it!
Brian got to play grill master. Hamburgers, hot dogs, delicious corn on the cob, and baked beans! YUM! YUM! YUM! YUM!

And after all of that goodness, Thomas and Kate got to make and eat their first real s'mores.  By "real" I mean s'mores that were not made over the stove-top's gas flame in our Macedonian apartment. By "real" I mean s'mores that were made with Hershey's chocolate and good old fashioned honey graham crackers. By "real" I mean the marshmallows weren't in limited supply and we could eat as much as we wanted!  
By "real" I mean marshmallows stuck on one end of a stick and shoved into the flames only to be charred on the outside and gooey on the inside. 
Macedonia, this is a s'more. Ooey, gooey, messy deliciousness, and you have got to try it!
And if you look closely, you can see the marshmallow mustache! Priceless!
It was super fun to introduce our kids to the great American past-time of the fire-pit and all the yummies that go with it.  

'God Bless America, land that I love!' 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures! It makes me really want s'mores!