(Thomas is waving the Macedonian flag he made at school this week, and while he looks less than thrilled, he really was quite excited to be waving his flag.)
The words of the poem are
The Picture of the Father Land
The picture of the school.
The picture of the park.
The picture of the birds.
The picture of the air.
The picture of the heart, the soul,
happiness.
The picture of love is the picture of the father land.
Sweet, right?! I can't help thinking of heaven. We live for the land to come, the home that Jesus is preparing for us in His Father's house. But here and now, the picture of those birds and the park and the heart and soul and happiness: it all points to Jesus. The picture of love: it IS Jesus. The land that we love so much here on earth can't begin to compare with what awaits us in eternity. We were made for more! And so, I remind myself of that, of Jesus, of His great love for us. And while I'm here, I will strive to tell everyone I can of that heavenly home where they, too, are welcome because they are so deeply loved by the Father. Oh that those around us would just taste and see the picture of His heart, His soul. There is happiness--joy and pleasures forevermore. Oh that they would see the picture of His great love!
No comments:
Post a Comment