Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Try Something New Tuesday

I've decided to make an effort every week, together with my kids (if it's not life threatening), to try something completely new and then share it with you. We're gonna call it "Try Something New Tuesday," but some weeks it may be "Try Something New Tuesday... on a Friday" because life is crazy and next Tuesday I may just want to eat my stash of American peanut butter out of the jar and roll my eyes at all of this new stuff. So dear Type A people-- those of you who pointed out I needed to change the name of the blog 17 times, I love you. You make the world go 'round, and I really want to do this every Tuesday for you, but let's just all learn to be flexible together.

We're starting light today. No cow uterus for at least a few months. 

The Dragon Fruit.
I didn't even know what this little beauty was called. For those of you who did know what it was, you are geniuses and you should go on Jeopardy. The kids and I grabbed the computer, a knife and cutting board and then did a little research to see what it is and how it is eaten.   

We chopped this baby open and lookie there. It's just so pretty with lots of little black seeds kind of like a kiwi fruit.

I wish we could say that we loved its taste as much as we loved its bright red color. It's not horrible, but we are not huge dragon fruit fans. We are, however, fans of all the healthy goodness packed into one of these things. So we may be mixing it into some fruit salads or dousing it in chocolate so that we can enjoy its healthy benefits.

What have you tried that is new and out of the box lately?

No comments: