Thursday, May 20, 2010

Samaritan's Purse in Ohrid

We had to privilege of working with Samaritan's Purse to distribute wheelchairs to people in Ohrid who needed them. The director in Skopje called me, after talking to our teammates, Jeff and Amy Williams, and asked if they could use the coffeehouse for the distribution. A group of specialists from America, working with Hope Haven, brought the wheelchairs here with them and custom fit every person with a wheelchair. A week before the distribution we called each person on the Samaritan's Purse list to invite them to the coffeehouse. I made it clear that I had no idea what I was doing and explained that a group of professionals was coming to do it :).

As a result, I got to know the director of the Handicap Association (Zdruzenie na Telesni Invalidi) in Ohrid. He has invited me to speak at one of their big meetings. This is one of the reasons why we do outreach or ministry with other organizations. We always meet people who are interested in what we do and want to hear what we have to say. Also, they normally give us access to other places as well. This association has 120 members and although all 120 do not always meet at the same time, there is a chance I will get to meet a good percentage of them and hopefully get a chance to share the gospel.

Below are some pictures from the distribution.
Above is the director of Samaritan's Purse in Macedonia (left) and the director of the handicap association (right).




Now the people above don't look too excited, but that is because the director was explaining something when I took this picture. Please be in prayer for follow-up and new relationships with these new contacts. We were able to hand out More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell, Jesus our Destiny by Wilhelm Busch, and a New Testament.

No comments: