Saturday, January 14, 2006

Arrived at MLC!!!

“Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.”
--Jim Elliott

We left today for our seven weeks of training in Richmond, VA. God has brought us through a stressful couple of weeks, but He has remained faithful granting grace and peace in every situation. We have tried and will continue to try to “live to the hilt” for we know that this departure is God’s desire for our lives. Pray that we will be able to do this to the glory of God the Father.

Our prayer for you and for ourselves is that we will be like Paul. He had no fear of persecution or death, but He boldly proclaimed the love of Christ. He “lived to the hilt,” and even while he was in chains for preaching the good news of the love of Christ, He praised the Lord (Acts 16).

“Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought immortality to light through the gospel, to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless, I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.”
1 Timothy 1:8-12

No comments: