This Thursday turned out to be pazar (market) day. I like to go at the beginning of the week, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. So, I finally made it to the pazar Thursday afternoon when Brian got back from making some visits. He had some work to do at home on the computer and so I left Kate with him and headed out the door. I always love going to the open market. The fruits and veggies are always so fresh and good and the smells of the vendors' homemade cheese (like feta), honey, olives and flowers fill the market this time of year. I love it!!! Plus the vendors are so very nice, and I love talking with them. I loaded up on what looks like the last little bit of carrots for the season, cucumbers, oranges, and kiwi. This time of year spinach is coming out and is very affordable. I normally buy that with some lettuce, but Brian had just received two HUGE bags full of both while visiting some of our friends earlier in the morning. They were out planting and harvesting in their garden, and so he was sent home with some green goodies.
I took some pictures on my walk to the pazar.
The road.
St. Clement--the patron saint of this city
Small altar set up in city center.
The Pazar
On my 10 minute walk there, I passed 4 beautiful church buildings and a mosque and yet the people couldn't be less interested in spiritual things.
Thursday nights, Brian leads a Bible discussion at the coffee house. This discussion is geared mostly toward seekers. Although we have not had too many come yet, it is a great outreach that Brian enjoys. I try to use my free evenings to have ladies over for coffee or to go see the neighbors. This Thursday, I went next door to see Nade and her daughter Fane. We had a great time. I was able to share a little about the meaning of Easter using their own traditions to share the Gospel with them. They were so open to all I had to say. But the subject was interrupted by the news--the NATO summit. This led into an hour long discussion (them talking, me listening, learning and respecting) of the history of their country.
And that was Thursday! :0)
2 comments:
Hey friends,
Those streets look so familiar! I felt like I was back there. Thanks for bringing back memories of a remarkable visit... Thinking of you and praying for your ministry..
Love & prayers, Nina
Mandy, Your blog about the week and the pictures are just incrdiable. I can't wait to see them first hand next month. Love you, MOM
Post a Comment