Kate did beautifully on the 8 hour drive down. Good baby!
We recently had our annual meeting in Greece. We have written about these before (every June since we have been here), and this year was just as wonderful as others, maybe even better. We enjoyed fellowship--real biblical fellowship--that was much needed. We heard awesome stories of what God is doing among our coworkers and their people groups in neighboring countries. God is working. And while no one in our region is seeing people come to know the Lord in droves, God is moving and we give Him all the glory! We had a wonderful praise band come from Apex, NC--yeah that was cool. I met people who knew people I knew and places I knew. The pastor for the week was Pastor Rob Zinn from Emmanuel Baptist Church in California and boy did he preach! He preached every morning, and every morning I thought he was speaking directly to me. Many of my friends said the same thing. God used him to encourage us and spur us on in our call. Plus he gave really great hugs--like my PaPa used to. Kate had her first experience in daycare. There were people there to keep our kids. What a job?! I am so grateful for them as I was able to sit in a worship service and focus on worshipping and not on keeping her quiet and occupied. I needed that SO much! We came back feeling revived and pumped. Sure we have a ginormous task ahead of us, and we are so unworthy of the calling before us. But God is with us. "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9).
The herd of sheep hanging out outside our bungalow. They had bells on. :0)
Swim time.
This is where we spent most of our afternoons. See the net on the left side of the picture. It was the cause of many bruises on my hubby. But he so enjoyed the competition in "WATER POLO!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment