Brian finally got his way. He and our awesome organization (thanks IMB supporters) sent me off to Budapest to try and figure out why my stomach hurts ALL the time. So, I am here, enjoying (?) a lot of quiet time, a city with tons of American fun, and a doctor that actually listens to me. But all of that means Brian is at home enjoying being Mr. Mom. He's the man and I have NO doubt in his abilities to hold down the fort, keep the children clean, fed and happy, and also (semi) do a little work on the side.
Please pray for us all as we are apart for an indefinite period of time. I shared with a worried Macedonian friend yesterday (via facebook) that she has no need to worry. I am in the mighty right hand of my sovereign creator and sustainer. He sustains me daily, and he has sustained me through a time that left the doctors beside themselves in utter confusion. He is faithful. He is good.
Also continue to pray for our sweet friends the Dovers. Josiah just started his second round of chemo yesterday. Continue to pray that his body responds well to the treatment, that he be healed and that most of all our Healer be glorified in it all. You can follow their story on CaringBridge or Facebook.
I will leave you with this quote by John Piper, "The prospect of eternal suffering is the most sobering truth in the world." None of the above is easy, but we have hope. We have LIFE. Pray especially for those who are muttling through their days without this hope we have in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment