Thanksgiving 2011 was exciting. I had just gotten back in from my trip to America on Tuesday night which meant I had one day of recovery--unpacking, cooking, grocery shopping, catching up on sleep, and playing with my babies before all the festivities began. We were expecting about 20 people (Americans and Macedonians) in our home for Thanksgiving Day. We had three special guests here, two volunteers and one BFF of Ginna. Things were a little crazy to say the least, but crazy seems to be the new norm. So no worries.
Mandi, Cierra and Kate helped set the table while guests were already arriving. AHHH!
Once everyone got here, things started to settle. Everyone sat down and started eating while I ran around trying to get drinks and make sure the desserts were ready to go. I think I ate...something??? I don't remember tasting anything, but it was SO fun to have so many people in our home celebrating the American holiday with us.
After dinner Mandi Mapes and Brian led us in a jam session. SO FUN!
On Friday, we packed our bags and headed to Prilep, Macedonia to have our annual Thanksgiving weekend with some other Americans on our team. Friday night, one of the volunteers here, Mandi Mapes did a concert at the club in Prilep. It was SO good to hear her live. She did beautifully, and the club was packed for her performance.
Kate and Thomas got to hang out with sweet Maggie. We LOVE her and her little brother. Our kids always love getting together with other American kids. They share such a precious bond. I am so thankful for all of those kiddos and their friendship with my wee ones!
On Saturday Brian got up and headed out to play American football with some of the Americans and even some Macedonians in Prilep. He got hurt AGAIN this year. I guess I just need to plan on him coming back injured every year. Silly boys!
Later that afternoon, we all got together for Thanksgiving #2 with about 18 other Americans. It was SO fun and the food was SO delicious!!! Yay for Thanksgiving!
We LOVE our team and all of those who make up our family over here. I praise God for all that He has provided me--things I didn't even know to ask for. He is so faithful not only to sustain me and my family but also to satisfy me. Oh praise Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment