I love this video of Thomas and Brian trying to round up a baby chick. The best part is at the end when Mama Hen made it clear her babies were not to be touched.
I find that I am the exact same way. You can mess with me all day long, but when my kids are involved, this Mama Hen's feathers get ruffled pretty quick. Kate is at the age when she is starting to understand that we are not like anyone else in the town. I am so thankful that God has blessed her with some friends at school and in our small group. And yet, I know she feels the difference. It hit me at a birthday party with some of our American friends who live about 2 hours away. Their daughter and Kate stood together and literally wept as they said good-bye to each other. As they did this, they were planning when they were going to see one another again. This is a 3 year old and a 4 year old. Good-byes and inconsistency have become their lives, and they are learning how very painful it is.
I want to take all the pain away. I want to protect my babies from those hard moments that make up a big chunk of our life overseas, and yet there is really nothing I can do. Sure, I can make sure things stay consistent at home and make sure I am there every night to tuck them in. I can hug them and tell them every thing is going to be alright. I can pray over them and teach them to rejoice in the Lord always. But I can't protect their little hearts. I can't take away the feeling of loss. I can't really do anything. It is only our Heavenly Father, the Creator of their little hearts, who can make it all ok. It is He who has called us, and in so doing He called our children as well. Only He can give them peace that passes all understanding. He is good and wise. He loves them with an everlasting love and He will work these small pains out in their lives for their good and His glory. It is all a sure reminder of the call on our lives. It is a small suffering that we are to count as joy. And so as Thomas says, "fo' His gwory" we will strive to live our lives as a sacrifice trusting that God will guard the hearts and minds of our sweet babies as we obey Him.
Be praying for our family as we have some hard good-byes coming our way. Our Hannah and Ginna will be finishing their term and returning to the states in July. They are very much a part of our family, and we are going to miss them immensely. Pray that our Father will be our strength and comfort, and that He will comfort our little ones. Pray that this Mama Hen will rest in His peace and trust Him daily with the hearts of her little chicks.
1 comment:
Your children will probably be far more mature than American children their age because of the situatioons they have faced and the Godly guidance you have given them. God's blessing on your family and your ministry! Pat Borden
Post a Comment