We just finished up teaching English to the older kids at the preschool today. It was SO much fun! I have missed working with giant groups of kids more than I knew, and so the last two weeks were so much fun!!! This morning we did a little program for the other kids at the school and some of the parents.
The two groups of kids did a great job singing their ABC's and Head Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
They loved the Itsy Bitsy Spider, the Teenie Weenie Spider and the Great Big Spider.
They had a big ole time singing about the animals on Old Mcdonald's Farm.
But I think Hokey Pokey was by far the favorite of the kids and teachers alike. Quite frankly, I think we could have just done the Hokey Pokey every day for two weeks and they all would have been happy. :)
We taught all 45 of them a few simple phrases in English to go along with their songs.
At the end of the program, we had certificates for all of the kids. They were so proud. And now everywhere we go in town, kids say, "Mama, that's my English teacher." Then they proceed to say the few things they know in English. Love it! What a great opportunity that will hopefully afford more and more opportunities and conversations in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment