Tuesday, April 16, 2013

So Much Fun

Spring is here, birds are chirping, sun is shining, grass is green and our kids are having a blast in our little neighborhood.  We live in a little culdesac of town homes near the school Brian is attending, and there are tons of kids everywhere. Kate and Thomas have made so many wonderful friends, and I have enjoyed the constant mommy fellowship, which is something I just don't have overseas. It has been wonderful and the Lord has used everyone of these people to bless us and love on us.  We are so thankful!

Yesterday, we celebrated Kate's half birthday. We aren't really those people who celebrate half birthdays, mainly because I forget them (see post below), but this year, we figured it was a great excuse to have some cupcakes and kill some time before Baby comes. Plus, we will be back overseas for her 6th birthday, so this was a way she could celebrate with her new friends in this neighborhood. She was so excited.  


Look at her being a good little Makedonka and serving all of her friends. :)

And as if any normal day playing in the big clean yard with all their new friends wasn't enough, one of the neighbors rolled out the hose and hooked up a sprinkler the other day. My kids were in heaven.  



The other night after I tucked in the kids and prayed with them, I was walking out of their room and Kate asked me to lay down with her. As I laid beside her and smelled her sweet bubblegum toothpaste breath, she told me about how much she loved living here and how much she loved all her friends here. I asked her if she was still excited about going back to Macedonia, thinking that I knew the answer.  Of course she wouldn't be now. She has fallen in love with having a yard and having friends constantly knocking on her door.  To my surprise she said, "Yeh. I still want to go back to Macedonia to live. But I am going to miss my friends here. It would be good to be able to be in both places. I wish we could do that."  God is good. He has given her such a deep love for Macedonia. It really is her home and I am so thankful that while it will be hard for her to say goodbyes in a few months, she has her heart set on home.  May it be a lesson to me.  

1 comment:

Josie said...

Bless her heart...and yours! :)