Last year, with great pomp and circumstance, we took Thomas to his very first day of preschool. He was so excited. I was excited. It was going to be wonderful. He would learn the language and make some friends. I would get a little more work done inside and outside of the home. Greatness was sure to follow, but despite our best stick-it-out efforts, he was miserable. Completely miserable. So we pulled him out. We decided to give it another go this year. With the memories of last year looming over our heads, we prayed over this a lot. The night before his big 2nd first day of preschool, he told me he was nervous but he knew that God would never leave him so he didn't have to be scared or afraid. He said, "I am going to be strong and brave!" One of our family verses is Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Thomas reminded me of that verse. After last year's drop-out and all that surrounded it, I was a little nervous too. But Thomas and I agreed to be brave together. He may or may not have done better than I did.
Walking to school.
My boy and me outside of his school.
He did SO good. He walked right in, took hold of his teacher's hand and started his 2nd first day of preschool with no tears and no fighting. Brian went by after a couple of hours to check in on him, and his teacher said he was doing great! Whew! God is good! Pray that Round 2 will stick, that he will make some friends, learn the language and have fun.



2 comments:
You go,Thomas!!!!! Your daddy walked into pre-school and never, ever looked back. I think that the first time I was ever heart broken. But he had the best time, best friends (especially Eric and Jonio), and a teacher he thought reminded him of Tinkerbelle. So good luck and remember that grandma will always walk with you to school. XOXOXO, Grandma
Oh, what a wonderful moment to hear your son hold to Scripture like that. :) I'm proud of him from afar! Miss you and praying for you all.
Post a Comment