Thomas turned four yesterday, and I am in denial. How are these babies growing so fast?!
We had his party on Sunday. He wanted a "Planes" theme, but that movie hasn't made it over there yet. So we made do with what we had.
The BIG FOUR year old!
Another pre-party photo shoot with these little monkeys.
My Boy!
MUSCLES!
The cake was another easy one. Chocolate bar for the runway, throw a few clouds on there and stick on the toy-planes.
We played 'pin the propeller' on the airplane. I am pretty sure a few of those boys could see through the scarf, but no one owned up to it. Boys will be boys, after all.
And I had each boy make a paper airplane and throw it down our runway (hallway with duct tape making the runway--behind Thomas). They had so much fun.
And another homemade piñata. After all the kids had a chance to break it with a normal stick, Brian gave Thomas one of his golf clubs and let him go to town. Sweet mercy. It was terrifying.
This is how he looked the whole time we sang to him. Sweet boy.
He is such an amazing kid. The most genuine, 'real' kid I know. You want his opinion, he will give it to you--there will be no sugar-coating from Thomas, which makes the "Thank You, Mommy"'s and "I love you"s SO very special. There is no doubt he means it. He is a golfer extraordinaire and pretty much rocks at anything involving a ball. He is a talented artist, a kind, thoughtful and compassionate bother and son, and he is my little wild man.
My little big man, Thomas, it is such a joy and pleasure to get to be your mommy. I love spending every day with you. You make me laugh and smile every single day. I love watching you learn and grow. I love seeing your determination in things and I love how passionate you are about life. Remember that Jesus is your life. He went to great lengths to make you his own, and he loves you more than we could ever began to imagine. He is good, kind, strong and mighty, and son, there is nothing He cannot do. Love him. Follow hard after him. May you be a warrior for Truth, a mouthpiece for the gospel, a servant-leader, a man who loves others passionately and a worshipper of our great God. May the love of God compel you in all of your endeavors and may you bear much fruit for his glory. I love you, Boo Boo. Happy 4th Birthday!








1 comment:
Thomas knew that cake would have to be cut. How can anyone smile knowing the planes will crash!!!!!
But he forgot to think about how good it would taste. UmmmUmmmmGOOD.
Happy 4th, XOXOXOX. Grandma
Post a Comment