Okay. Well I hope all is okay in Mastedonia. I hope that everyone is doing well. How is the cafĂ©? I bet you have lots of cozy tables and comfy chairs. Do you have any couches? I hope they are not the bumpy kind you know. Any-who, speaking of bumpy - the other night I could not sleep. It was a nice night and I had the windows open (which I needed to do anyhows ‘cause I ate some Chinese food) so it was nice and fresh air – so I wasn’t sweating and my leg was oooo-kay. Then I realized that I was on something lumpy and it wasn’t just my back going creak-creak. So I get up and call the company – you know, the place that sells mattresses. So I says to the lady on the phone “My mattress is as old as the house, which was built in 1947 by my father. He built it with his own hands. That’s the way people did it when they came here from the old country. And it’s still standing. Except the part of the ceiling that fell in my parlor – right above the place I used to sleep when I was a little girl. But that’s fixed now, Johnny across the street fixed it. And painted it. Hooow niiiiice.” So anyway I asked her if she could get me a nice mattress, the kind that old people like. And she says “I know just the one you want”. But I don’t have a credit card so I called Lydia, and I says “Lydia, I need you help me with the lady at mattress store”, and she says “okay, what mattress store, there are lots of them”, and I says “you know, the one out by you, the lady says she lives out by you – so just call her and she knows which one I want”, and she says “Frania what lady, what store, what mattress”, so I give her number and she calls and that lady did not answer. It was some man. Anyhow, three days later they get it all figured out and I have my new mattress. I slept veeeeery well. But they don’t make things like they used to, so it will wear out soon. I don’t expect it to last the same 60 years that my old mattress did. Speaking of which Brian, I kept my old mattress, because they don’t make things like they used to, and you are going to need one when the baby comes, and it’s a family heirloom, antique-style, so I will give it to you. When Craig comes down I’ll ask him to bring it to the post office. I kept box the one came in and will ship it to you. That’s all from Wallington. Enjoy the mattress. Too-da-loo for now. XOXO - Ciocia Frania
Post a Comment
1 comment:
Okay. Well I hope all is okay in Mastedonia. I hope that everyone is doing well. How is the cafĂ©? I bet you have lots of cozy tables and comfy chairs. Do you have any couches? I hope they are not the bumpy kind you know. Any-who, speaking of bumpy - the other night I could not sleep. It was a nice night and I had the windows open (which I needed to do anyhows ‘cause I ate some Chinese food) so it was nice and fresh air – so I wasn’t sweating and my leg was oooo-kay. Then I realized that I was on something lumpy and it wasn’t just my back going creak-creak. So I get up and call the company – you know, the place that sells mattresses. So I says to the lady on the phone “My mattress is as old as the house, which was built in 1947 by my father. He built it with his own hands. That’s the way people did it when they came here from the old country. And it’s still standing. Except the part of the ceiling that fell in my parlor – right above the place I used to sleep when I was a little girl. But that’s fixed now, Johnny across the street fixed it. And painted it. Hooow niiiiice.” So anyway I asked her if she could get me a nice mattress, the kind that old people like. And she says “I know just the one you want”. But I don’t have a credit card so I called Lydia, and I says “Lydia, I need you help me with the lady at mattress store”, and she says “okay, what mattress store, there are lots of them”, and I says “you know, the one out by you, the lady says she lives out by you – so just call her and she knows which one I want”, and she says “Frania what lady, what store, what mattress”, so I give her number and she calls and that lady did not answer. It was some man. Anyhow, three days later they get it all figured out and I have my new mattress. I slept veeeeery well. But they don’t make things like they used to, so it will wear out soon. I don’t expect it to last the same 60 years that my old mattress did. Speaking of which Brian, I kept my old mattress, because they don’t make things like they used to, and you are going to need one when the baby comes, and it’s a family heirloom, antique-style, so I will give it to you. When Craig comes down I’ll ask him to bring it to the post office. I kept box the one came in and will ship it to you. That’s all from Wallington. Enjoy the mattress. Too-da-loo for now. XOXO - Ciocia Frania
Post a Comment